NB: Please scroll down to read the full noticeboard news!
We have gone live with electronic prescribing (EPS). EPS makes it possible for your prescription to be sent electronically to the pharmacy or dispenser of your choice. Please click on the EPS link on the right hand side for more information.
Our 2017 flu clinics are underway. Please make an appointment for a flu vaccination if you are in any of these categories:
Children aged 2 and 3 years; Over 65s; Pregnant women;
Registered carers; Care home residents;
Aged 6 months to under 65 years and in a clinical risk group
Please click on our 2017-18 flu clinic page on the right hand side of the screen for further information.
No Hepatitis A nor combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid nor Tetanus vaccines
There is a global shortage of Hepatitis A vaccines. We do not have any stock of Hepatitis A nor combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid nor Tetanus vaccines at present. We are waiting for an update on when we will receive vaccines. The following options are recommended at the present time to get a Hepatitis A or combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid or tetanus vaccine:
- MASTA Travel Clinic, Oxford Road, Reading, 01189 523623, https://www.masta-travel-health.com/travelclinic/mastareading
- Boots the Chemist, The Oracle, Reading, 01189 587529
- Reading Superdrug Health Promotion Clinic, 55-57 Broad Street, Reading, 01189 503264
- www.walkintravelclinic.co.uk – travel clinics in Oxford and Banbury
Hearing Aid Battery provision – important changes
From June you will need a battery book to obtain hearing aid batteries. You can get a battery book by:
- Emailing your name, date of birth and address with the subject of Battery Card to email@example.com OR
- By sending your details to Batteries, Audiology 3, Royal Berkshire Hospital, London Road, Reading, RG1 5AN OR
- By collecting one at your next visit to the drop-in repairs or maintenance clinics
Patients can access a free online chlamydia testing service at https://chlamydia.sexualhealthoxfordshire.nhs.uk/