NB: Please scroll down to read the full noticeboard news!
We are moving to electronic prescribing (EPS) in mid October. EPS makes it possible for your prescription to be sent electronically to the pharmacy or dispenser of your choice. Please click on the EPS link on the right hand side for more information.
Our 2017 flu clinics start on Monday 18th September. Please click on our 2017-18 flu clinic page on the right hand side of the screen for further information.
No Hepatitis A nor combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines
There is a global shortage of Hepatitis A vaccines. We do not have any stock of Hepatitis A nor combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines at present. We are waiting for an update on when we will receive vaccines. The following options are recommended at the present time to get a Hepatitis A or combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccine:
- MASTA Travel Clinic, Oxford Road, Reading, 01189 523623, https://www.masta-travel-health.com/travelclinic/mastareading
- Boots the Chemist, The Oracle, Reading, 01189 587529
- Reading Superdrug Health Promotion Clinic, 55-57 Broad Street, Reading, 01189 503264
- www.walkintravelclinic.co.uk – travel clinics in Oxford and Banbury
Hearing Aid Battery provision – important changes
From June you will need a battery book to obtain hearing aid batteries. You can get a battery book by:
- Emailing your name, date of birth and address with the subject of Battery Card to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- By sending your details to Batteries, Audiology 3, Royal Berkshire Hospital, London Road, Reading, RG1 5AN OR
- By collecting one at your next visit to the drop-in repairs or maintenance clinics
Patients can access a free online chlamydia testing service at https://chlamydia.sexualhealthoxfordshire.nhs.uk/